After each election Kantar Media CMG peruses back through the years campaign ads in order to produce a list of the ads which most efficiently broke through the dull monotony of traditional political ads. This year, out of over 6,000 different ads aired nationwide, Kantar Media selected what they believed to be the five most creative and attention grabbing .
Kantar Vice President Elizabeth Wilner was noted in an article by the LA Times as saying, “These ads stand out because they’re unusually creative, personal, or authentic.” LA Times writer, James Rainey, concluded however, “that doesn’t mean they are particularly uplifting or nice. Just memorable.”
Without any further ado, here are the ads chosen by Wilner and Kantar Media.
1) Florida U.S. Rep. Allen West- Decide
*West is currently in a re-count with opponent, Patrick Murphy.
2) South Dakota U.S. Rep Kristi Noem- Tea Time
*Noem was re-elected to her 2nd term.
3) Alaska State Sen. Bettye Davis- Cooking with Bettye Davis
*After being re-districted, Davis was not re-elected.
4) Missouri U.S. Sen. Claire McCaskill- Diana
*McCaskill was re-elected to her 2nd term.
5) Crossroads GPS, going after Ohio U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown- “When” Ohio
Brown was re-elected to his 2nd term.